1906 Rover

A guide to 6HP Rover cars


Archive for the ‘Willys Overland’ Category

Another progress report

Sunday, September 15th, 2013

I have had a couple of bad setbacks. The crankcase that was supposed to come over in a shipment did not arrive and I do not know for sure where it is at the moment! I definitely need it to get the car on the road. The second problem has been the very poor quality of the water manifold castings that I got from Australia, they have required extensive remedial work to make them usable. they are still far from the quality I would like on the car.


The crankcase was all boxed for shipment months ago, but still hasn't arrived


On a more positive note, the availability of blueprints for any part is an enormous help. I have recently used these in manufacturing a footrest, a robe rail, a magneto strap and leather traps for securing the spare tyres.


The new strap for holding the magneto in place


The new footrest and robe rail
















The old and new straps for the spare tyres


The water manifold castings that I got from Austrailia were of very poor quality and have needed extensive remedial work to make them usable.


Just one of the problems with the castings

Essential remedial work to the manifold castings in progress














While repairing the brackets for the spare tyres I found, after cleaning, that the tinwork under the rear seat was full of holes and have replaced this with a new panel.


The tinwork under the rear seat was full of holes

The replacement tinwork under the seat and the repair of the spare wheel carrier















The straps that support the weight of the hood had been nailed into the wooden framework of the rear seat, splitting the wood.  The woodwork has been strengthened and the straps will be fixed to the proper anchorage.


The wooden framework at the top of the rear seat has been repaired

Some parts of the magneto linkages were missing and I have had to work out the correct lengths.  The throttle linkages have been repaired.


Throttle and magneto linkages

Progress update

Saturday, November 10th, 2012

Here are a selection of photos showing the results of a lot of manual work on my Overland over the last three months.

A little more progress on the Overland

Friday, July 20th, 2012

Progress continues to be slow, but I have achieved a number of things over the past few months.

Restoration Progress

Thursday, April 12th, 2012

Restoration Progress

Progress on restoring an Overland

Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011

Here are  pictures showing some of the restoration work I have been doing on the Overland.  Most of the work so far has been machining replacement parts.  The white metal camshaft follower bushes had loosened and subsequently been broken in use.  The zinc die-cast of the oil pump casing and of the magneto body had degenerated badly.

We have a successor to DL 126

Saturday, April 16th, 2011

On Wednesday 13th April we successfully bid for a 1915 Willys Overland Model 83 at an auction in Buxton.